Patent Law and Pharmaceuticals Symposium on Oct. 16
“Patent Law and Pharmaceuticals Symposium” will be held by Rutgers School of Law–Newark on Tuesday, October 16. The all-day symposium is underwritten by Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP, one of the world’s foremost law firms.
| Read Story
- 8:15 — 9 am: Registration and Breakfast
- 9 — 9:20 am: Opening Remarks by Dean Stuart L. Deutsch and Associate Professor Sabrina Safrin
- 9:20 — 11:30 am: "International Trade Commission and Patent Litigation"
The Hon. Sidney Harris (Ret.), U.S. International Trade Commission
The Hon. John C. Lifland (Ret.), U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
Thomas S. Fusco, Esq., Office of Unfair Import Investigations, U.S. International Trade Commission
David A. Hickerson, Esq., Partner, Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
Gregory A. Mark, Associate Dean for Institutional Affairs and Professor of Law, Rutgers School of Law–Newark, moderator
- 11:30 am — 1:15 pm: Lunch and Keynote Address
The Hon. Timothy B. Dyk, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- 1:15 — 2:45 pm: "Recent Patent Decisions by the U.S. Supreme Court"
Arti K. Rai, Professor of Law, Duke University School of Law
John R. Thomas, Professor of Law, Georgetown University Law Center
Elizabeth S. Weiswasser, Esq., Partner, Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
Sabrina Safrin, Associate Professor, Rutgers School of Law–Newark, moderator
- 3 — 5 pm: "Current IP Issues of Concern to Pharmaceutical & Biomedical Industries"
Paul S. Miller, Esq., Special Counsel, Kaye Scholer LLP
Gary Loeb, Esq., Associate General Counsel, Patents and Litigation, Genentech, Inc.
Alan W. Fielder, Esq., Senior Intellectual Property Counsel, Becton, Dickinson and Company
Edward W. Murray, Esq., Managing Counsel, Merck & Co., Inc.
Nicholas Groombridge, Adjunct Professor, Rutgers School of Law–Newark, moderator